About The Event
International Research Symposium 2023 of the University of Vocational Technology has been scheduled for Thursday, 14th December 2023.
University of Vocational Technology
14th December 2023
The University of Vocational Technology (UoVT) is proud to host the International Research Symposium 2023. The theme of this year’s symposium is “Emerging Technologies and Skills for Resilient Industries”. This event brings together researchers and academics from around the world to share their knowledge and ideas on how to build resilient industries that can adapt to changes and challenges.
The symposium features 5 tracks:
- Resilient industries for Sustainable future: This track focuses on the importance of building sustainable industries that can withstand economic, environmental, and social challenges. Topics may include renewable energy, sustainable manufacturing, and green technologies.
- Innovative approaches for resilient technological solutions: This track explores new and innovative technological solutions that can help industries become more resilient. Topics may include advanced materials, robotics, and artificial intelligence.
- ICT towards Resilience: Harnessing Information and Communication Technologies for Sustainable Development: This track examines how information and communication technologies can be used to promote sustainable development. Topics may include smart cities, e-governance, and digital inclusion.
- Education and language studies: Transformative and Innovative Pedagogies and language learning for Resilient Learning: This track focuses on innovative pedagogies and language learning approaches that can help learners become more resilient. Topics may include online learning, gamification, and multilingual education.
- TVET Skills and Competencies for Resilient Workforce Development: This track explores how technical and vocational education and training (TVET) can help develop a resilient workforce. Topics may include competency-based training, apprenticeships, and lifelong learning.
These tracks cover a wide range of topics that are important for building resilient industries. By attending the symposium, participants will have the opportunity to learn about the latest research and developments in these areas.
UoVT was established by the parliamentary Act No. 31 of 2008, and functions under the purview of the State Ministry of Skills Development, Vocational Education, Research & Innovations. We are committed to providing a hands-on approach to technical education, providing our students with the essential tools they need to succeed in their careers upon graduation.
We invite you to join us at the International Research Symposium 2023 to learn, share, and collaborate with other researchers and academics in the field.
Here are our event details
The International Research Symposium 2023 of the University of Vocational Technology has been scheduled for 14th Thursday December 2023. This Symposium aims to bring together scholars, innovative researchers, academics, practitioners, and students from different Universities, University colleges, R & D Institutes, TVET sector institutes and private sector institutions for discussions on challenges, opportunities, and innovations under the theme of “Emerging Technologies and Skills for Resilient Industries” Prospective authors are invited to submit their research papers written in English on subject matters related to any of the sub-themes of the sessions. The prospective, valuable contributions will be evaluated by a Scientific Review Committee.
"Emerging Technologies and Skills for Resilient Industries"
Exploring Emerging Technologies and Skills for Resilience in TVET and Industry explores the potential applications of emerging technologies in various industries. It aims to understand their implications for resilience, focusing on adaptability, innovation, and withstand disruptions. By analyzing the impact of these technologies on teaching methodologies, research practices, industry operations, and socio-economic systems, it is essential to assess how these technologies can equip individuals, institutions, and industries with the necessary skills to thrive in the face of challenges like technological disruptions, changing market demands, and global crises. The development of relevant skills for a resilient future involves identifying and nurturing competencies such as digital literacy, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, and collaboration. By understanding the evolving skill requirements in light of emerging technologies, TVET programs, academic research initiatives, and industry practices can align to equip individuals with the necessary skills to navigate and succeed in the dynamic and technology-driven environments of the future. This exploration opens doors to innovative solutions, empowers individuals and organizations to embrace change, and lays the foundation for sustainable ecosystems in TVET, academic research, and industry.
Following is an indicative, hence a nonexhaustive, list of anticipated themes:
- Resilient industries for Sustainable future:
- Innovative industrial management
- Advances in agriculture and food technology innovations and best practices.
- Emerginig trends in media technology and content production.
- sustainability and green production in Textile and Apparel industry.
- The role and contribution of quantity surveying in construction industry.
- Hospitality Industry for economic development.
- Waste treatment, waste management and circular economy for sustainable industries.
- Accelerating innovations for resilience in engineering and technological soluation
- advancements in manufacturing Technology
- Emerginig role of mechatronics
- Sustainable construction Practices and resilient infrastructure development
- Resilient built environment
- Renewable energy and energy management for a green and sustainable future
- ICT for socio-economic empowerments and ceration of new industries.
This theme encompasses areas of information and Communication Technologies to reach goals of Industry 4.0 and support Sustainable Development Goals(SDG).
- Innovative pedagogies and technology support for learning to build transformational educational platforms.
- Educational management
- Innovative learning environments,
- Advances in content delivery
- Support for language diversity
- TVET : Skills and competencies for Resilient workforce Development
- Best practices in TVET curriculum development and implementations
- Technological advancements and digitalization in TVET
- Industry partnerships and collobarations in TVET
- Skills development and employability in the TVET sector
- Innovations in teaching and learning methodologies for TVET
- Addressing gender equality and inclusivity in TVET programs
- Assessment and certification strategies in TVET
- Sustainable development and green skills in the TVET sector
- Policy and governance in TVET systems
- Quality assurance and accreditation in TVET institutions
First Call for papers
15th Aug 2023 Extended
Notification of acceptance
Final Camera-ready copy
Start of Early bird
Date of Registration
Date of Symposium
Sessions will be conducted at University premises
University of Vocational Technology
The University of Vocational Technology (UoVT) is Established by the parliamentary Act No. 31 of 2008, and functions under the purview of the State Ministry of Skills Development, Vocational Education, Research & Innovations. Skilled Technicians maintain the daily Technological functions of the industrial world Ensuring the Technology runs accurately and efficiently. Hands-on approach to Technical Education providing the Essential tools for students to succeed in their careers upon graduation.
Authors from University of Vocational Technology and University Colleges are excluded from paying registration fees.
Particulars related to the payment of registration fees for the authors will be informed with the notification of acceptance.
Local Non students
Local Non students
The full papers including the list of references shall be of no more than six (6) A4 size pages excluding the cover sheet. The details of the author shall not be included within the paper and a separate cover sheet with author details and sub-theme shall be submitted. Final research papers will be double-blind reviewed by a review panel
The research papers should be submitted to the Conference Management Toolkit (CMT).
Submitted articles must not have been previously published, nor should they be submitted for consideration for publication elsewhere, while under review for this symposium. The similarity index for the plagiarism check is maximum of 20%.
Contact Us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Chandana Gamage
Mr. Helawikum Athauda
Ms. Malkanthi Thenabadu
How to write research paper
Faculty of Industrial Technology
Faculty of Information Technology
Dr. Chandana Gamage
Faculty of Engineering Technology
Faculty of Education
Department of FPT